2011年1月19日星期三

Are they apples?



From Republic(southampton/ West Quay):
The grey words on the round tag say 'Buy One Get One FREE'. Usually see this kind of promotion strategy in Tesco.  Is it really a good for promotion of clothing?  As a consumer, what I though was 'for what I need to buy two items only in different colours? they're not apples or yogurt...so that I can get more value from them.'

The flaw of this strategy is that it only considers what the retailer gives not what consumers can get. It seems Republic urges to sell them.  If so, consumers would not like it even more due to the less and less value, especially its current consumers. Because they are those who keep expecting more from Republic. BTW, even though it is GBP24.99 for two pieces(originally for one piece) & I've never bought from Republic, I would not buy.

After about one month, there are still piles of such items in-store. Really not sure that how effective  this promotion is. I have lost interest for those items for sure, even I tried them before. It might work on me if they sell it 50% off , or 20~30% off which I may accept as well.

没有评论:

发表评论